You need a web site, why is marketing even part of the conversation? The answer is that your site needs to lure readers into becoming followers, book buyers, and fans. We don’t want to throw up any old assortment of pages. We want a strategy that makes the site compulsively readable and shareable.
The marketing services I can offer can be divided into the categories: social media, public relations, SEO and email.
- Review and improve your marketing strategy on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Tumblr or Pinterest.
- Add Follow Me and Share This options to your website.
- Set up auto-posting so that your blog posts get pushed to your favorite social networks.
- Integrated feeds that pull content in from your favorite social networks and show them on your website.
- creation of images designed to help draw attention to your posts and help them go viral.
- Install and set up Google Adwords for your website.
- Run advertising campaigns on Google. This entails researching keywords, budgeting amount to devote to particular ad sets and keywords, and writing copy for ads. It also includes research and reporting on which are most effect and why, and updating campaigns to favor best-performing ads.
- Setting up Goals in Analytics to keep track of sales/conversions, so you know exactly how much return you’re getting on your investment.
- Designing banner ads to run on websites that your niche is particularly interested in.
- Setting up free advertising for 501c3 nonprofits.
- Creating ads for social media and researching most effective targeting to make the most of your budget.
As the Internet becomes more central in our lives, traditional publicity and digital marketing are merging. I am fortunate that I built my career as a book publicist for a small publisher so I know how to approach publicity outreach with the highest level of professionalism. However, as Bob Dylan sang, the times they are a changing, and emailing a press release with the subject “FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE” isn’t going to cut it in the digital age.
For more information on how I can assist you with PR, check out my other site, karmabennett.com.
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
SEO is about helping your site get discovered by people using search engines like Google. This is a big topic so I’ve created a full page to go into detail on what an SEO campaign looks like. In summary, these are the SEO services I offer:
- Keyword research – to help you discover what you should be blogging about.
- Image optimization – make sure your images are accessible so Google can see them.
- SEO post edit – reviewing a single post or page to make sure it’s optimized for the chosen keyword.
- Plugins and tools – to help improve the SEO of your site.
- Content marketing – writing content that is specifically designed to appeal to those searching for your site
- Backlink research – finding sites that want to link to your site, to give your site more authority.
- Competitor analysis – know of a successful author writing in your topic and genre? I can analyze their site and find out what is working, and what they are missing, so you can build on their success.
Learn more about what SEO is (and why you need it).
They say list-building is the first and most important thing you should do to promote yourself. Everyone uses email, and no matter what changes with the web and social media, you can always take your email list with you.
- Create a mailing list opt-in on your site – Using Mailchimp, I will put a form on your site that will allow your fans to sign up for your mailing list.
- Create a branded giveaway to entice subscribers – It’s a good idea to give something away in exchange for asking people to sign up for your email list. I can help you decide what content to share and design it in a way that looks professional.
- Consultation, coaching and editing – Not sure what you should say in your email? I can help.
Not sure what you need? I can review your site and point out ways it could be improved to be more professional and lead to more sales.